Monday, July 02, 2007

Bridal Shower








So... lesson learned... don't ask that no one brings gifts to a bridal shower because you will end up with much more than you would have had you not asked! I have the most amazing women that surround me in my life and Saturday a lot of them came together to drink champagne and eat delicious food, laugh, and celebrate a beautiful Boise morning.
In Dawn's back yard they set up tables with tablecloths and flowers and a huge buffet of stuffed french toast, quiche, cream cheese and smoked salmon, and lots of other delicious things to eat. Trey (Dawn's son) served us mimosas - he even wore a tie. They had a drink theme and people brought bottles of wine and champagne and some brought theme baskets with recipes for new drinks to try - with some old favorites mixed in to revisit.
My "second mom" Cheryl brought some beautiful tall goblets with strawberry kiwi mix and vanilla vodka. Yum! Dawn didn't feel like she had done enough throwing the party so she got me a basket of mojitos complete with a muddler (there is a funny story there for another day). I got a tequilla colada basket from Wendy reminding us of our trip to Cancun several years ago and convincing us that we need to go back. A couple of my girlfriends put together a "skip and go naked" drink set that consists of a pitcher and the fixings for a very interesting new summer sipper to try. I got a very touching gift from my grandmother with the recipe to a good marriage and an engagement photo along with a wine saver gift set and huge bottle of merlot. My mom among many other things made stem labels for wine glasses out of my wedding dress fabric in the colors of our wedding. Susan gave me a beautiful basket we will use for cards at the wedding and everything needed to make passion fruit pomegranate martinis. Celinda gave me a hilarious book that I have been wanting to buy by Amy Sedaris. But most of all... they all gave me a day that I will never forget. These women and others that couldn't be there (but were definitely there in spirit) form the foundation of who I am and I struggled to get through the day without tears. More pics to come when I get them from others at the party...
Love to all, -M

2 comments:

Kathy Hodson said...

I wish I could have been there. Only a week before I am home to celebrate with you. Love ya.

Kat

Dawn said...

You are amazing Sweety! It was so much fun!