Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bachelorette/ Bachelor Parties Last Weekend

This will probably be my last post before the wedding. I can't believe that it's already here! Kathy gets in today and Scott either Friday or Saturday. Peggy will arrive in Nampa Saturday. I am taking the next week off of work. Crazy, crazy crazy!

Last weekend MJ and the guys from the shop went on a mountain bike/ fishing trip that just so happened to get written about in the Statesman this week. You can check it out here:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/104863.html

The article starts out: "Getting into the Boulder/Whiteclouds on a mountain bike requires a full gruntal assault. High elevation, relentless climbs, heat, rocky trails and mosquitoes all conspire against you as if they are gatekeepers of the mountains.
But the payoff is worth it — Idaho's backcountry is full of rewards."

By all accounts they had a great time, saw some amazing scenery, took advantage of the downhill on the way out and enjoyed some nice steaks afterwards in Sun Valley.

Meanwhile... I left in a big silver bird on Friday afternoon and headed down south to Reno. In the airport we found a billboard of the band that brought us there and had a snapshot taken in front of it.

We headed over to the hotel and had dinner and called it an early night in anticipation of the next day. To preface this story a bit my friends and I have a long history of doing our best to completely humiliate the bride to be during their bachelorette party. Some past dress up themes have included 80's prom night, hick cowgirls also from the 80's, and punk rock girls. That night as we went to bed I had a fleeting thought that since everyone was pregnant that I was going to get off easy.

As we got ready for the pool the next morning after breakfast my friends surprised me with a beach outfit they were determined I wear. I got a lovely sign letting everyone know I was soon to be wed. A blow-up dolphin we promptly named Flipper. And a headband, lei and arm bands to make sure that no one missed the sign.

The fun didn't stop there. After a long day laying by the pool, sipping on cocktails (well Susan and I were sipping... everyone else was pregnant and drinking "mocktails") we met up with a friend that lives in Reno and prepared for the concert that night. I had a lot of interesting gifts given to me that culminated into our theme for the evening... wigged out.

I hope to have a picture of everyone after we donned wigs... but for now I'll leave you with a truly frightening picture of the result of my friends work on me that night... false eyelashes, wig, hippie dress and all, in all it's glory... don't I make a pretty bride??? As I said ever time I caught sight of myself in the mirror that night... I now know that blond does not look good on me! The Indigo Girls show was awesome though, and we were able to go right up to the stage. I think Amy & Emily were appreciative of the humor all six of us caused with our outfits.

See you next week! Love to all, -M








No comments: