Friday, June 22, 2007

Actually... we are going to the chapel...

So, after our whirlwind trip to Garden Valley and Stanley we decided in the interest of making things as easy as we can on our friends and family (we do recognize that we are asking people that want to be at the ceremony to travel twice) we decided to get married in a chapel. Guess the title of my last post was prophetic. I would post pictures, but I keep loosing the cord that connects my computer to the camera so I will have to paint a picture with words.
It is a non-religious meditation chapel above downtown Stanley. The chapel itself was built in the seventies with logs making it look much older than it actually is. The views are stupendous (a full window behind the alter highlights a steep, craggy Sawtooth Mountain Range rising 11,000 feet into the clouds). The stained glass is magnificent (elk prancing in the sun depicted in jewel tones that shimmer in the light). Best of all, the mosquitoes are non-existent (trust us - 30 bites each after attempting to fly fish for a grand total of 20 minutes).
We know that it is kind of strange to make people drive all the way to Stanley and then get married inside, but think everyone that can make it will love it there. Stanley is one of both mine & MJ's most favorite places on the planet. My parents went to a wedding held in this chapel many years ago and upon returning home they told me that they had found the place that I had to get married. I guess that was a prophetic statement as well.
So, I'm just waiting for the guy to call me back before it is set in stone (although the on-line calender doesn't show anything scheduled for that day, so we're thinking we are pretty well set). That's what I know for now. Tonight MJ is running in the first annual Boise Beer Mile and I am timing it. Sunday we are going rafting with some friends.
Life is just so great right now. I hope that it is just as great for you and yours. Much love, -M

No comments: