Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

I know that talking about it really doesn’t make it any better… but it is still amazingly hot ‘round here. Four days in a row we’ve been in triple digits. MJ and I went to (a really fantastic mac ‘n cheese and pork loin) dinner at my grandparent’s house last night and then headed to the hills for a run. My lungs hurt so bad from smoke or something that must be in that air and I can’t imagine how bad it must have been for Michael considering: 1. He was pulling a tire up the hill (strength training doesn’t necessarily have to happen in a gym) while I was simply running – no tire was attached to me 2. He doesn’t typically run 3. He has asthma 4. It was still about 90 degrees outside even though we waited until almost 10 pm to do it. It probably wasn’t the smartest thing we have ever done, but I think both of us are a little frustrated at being cooped up by the air conditioner and not being able to get out to do anything. I am going to take Monday off and we are going to go hiking up in the Sawtooths. It should be the perfect temperature up there. I can’t wait to get out of this valley, even if just for a weekend.

I was planning on training for a triathlon this fall, but apparently it isn’t triathlon “season.” I had no idea that they were all held in the summer, but I suppose considering the open outdoor swim portion of events this makes perfect sense. I am going to do the training anyway, maybe it will help me in my goal to complete Robie creek one of these days. I couldn’t do it last year because of bursitis in my hip so I am hoping I can get strong enough cross training with biking and swimming to do it this year. I’ll walk if I have to!

That’s all the news I have for now. I hope all is well with everyone and I am sending you all my love. -M

No comments: