Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Going to the Chapel...

Well, I guess we're not really going to the chapel... but we are headed for the hills tonight with our dogs to find "the place" that we're getting hitched in four short weeks. We're going to stay at the cabin tonight and then drive over to Stanley to scope out how busy the lakes are during the week. We are hoping to find one that isn't filled with noisy jet skis. A bit different than the way most do it I suppose, but then thus far we haven't followed many traditions at all.
I am going to have a bridal shower on June 30, graciously hosted by one of my dearest friends - Dawn. I requested no gifts. We just don't have the room for a bunch of stuff in our tiny house. She came up with a drinking theme - people are to bring recipes and fixings for their favorite drinks. I think this is a fantastic idea and can't wait!
July 7 I am headed to Reno with five of my girlfriends. We are going to see one of my all-time favorite groups - The Indigo Girls. All but two of us going down are currently "with child" so it probably won't get too crazy. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend while MJ and the guys from the shop go on a three day mountain biking/fly fishing trip. I am a little jealous - I haven't been able to get on the river yet this year, but we'll both get a chance to camp, ride, hike and fish our way back to Garden Valley for the reception from Stanley for a couple days after the wedding with our close friends and my brother and sister. I am really looking forward to that, we should have a great time.
So with any luck I'll come back with some pictures of where the ceremony will actually take place. I hope that everyone out there in cyberland is doing well and enjoying some fantastic early summer weather.

No comments: