Friday, August 18, 2006

Turning the big 3-0

…really didn’t amount to much. I’d be lying if I said that I hadn’t been worried about it. For the past couple of years I have been really dreading it. I had a great time in my twenties and being thirty just sounded so… not really old, but definitely older. The past few months I’ve come to terms with it, even come to embrace it and be grateful that I lived to see it.

We spent the weekend at the cabin with Mom and Dad and our good friends Celinda and Isaac. I was hoping Scott and Angie might be able to come to Idaho, but it wasn’t to be. Kathy and Joe had already been here for the summer so I knew they wouldn’t be able to make it out either. Kathy also started student teaching on Monday so she has been very busy. We still had a great time. There was a blue grass festival going on so we were lucky enough to see a couple of surprisingly good bands.

MJ and I stayed by ourselves on Sunday night and I took him golfing for the first time. He is a natural… he hit for his first time ever on a golf course over the pond on Terrace Lake’s signature hole, 16. He seemed a little confused as to why I was so excited for him. It took me years (granted, I only typically play once or twice a year) to be able to land the green on 16 and he came within a few yards his first try. He continues to amaze me.

Monday the day of my actual birthday was pretty “chill.” We drove back to Boise and spent the day shopping and eating. We went to Grandma and Granddad’s for dinner with Mom and Dad and then went to Opa and Reef by ourselves. It was a good night, but frankly I’m glad the whole thing is over and done with. Now we can move on to this weekend which entails a whole lot of Josh Ritter… I can’t wait!

No comments: