Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Precious...


We’re back from the weekend and I just realized I had told a lot of people that I would post a picture of the engagement ring and I never did so. It is one-of-a-kind and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect ring. It was custom made by an artist that MJ is friends with and is in his signature style - kind of a cross between modern and art deco. We choose to use a sapphire instead of a diamond for humanitarian, political and economic reasons. Also because I think they are incredibly beautiful (blue is my favorite color and every time I look at it I’m reminded of Michael’s eyes) while still being second only to diamonds in their strength. The top is sandblasted, but can be polished to match the rest of the ring later if I ever decide I want it to be more “sparkly.” When MJ and I first discussed spending the rest of our lives together I didn’t think I needed a ring, but I love this so much and I am so happy with how it turned out… truly unique, but still respectful of traditions past. Perfect. I also love seeing people’s reactions to it. Thanks to Peggy for sending this picture over. Love to you all. I’ll post details about my 30th birthday later in the week.

No comments: