Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

MJ and I had a relaxing Saturday night at the cabin this weekend instead of heading to the Sawtooths. Boise has gotten a much needed reprieve from the heat. I think that the last week in July is just always brutal temperature-wise. At least we can be thankful that there is no humidity here. Last night was fabulous. I was able to ride the greenbelt after work and run during the evening in the foothills. It felt so good to get out while there was still daylight. I have been extremely busy at work, going in early and staying late every day this week. My run last night really helped to clear away some of the junk that was crowding my head after a long day in front of a computer. Hopefully the busy season at work will only last a couple of weeks and I’ll get a reprieve from that as well.

I got an email from my old boss this morning reminding me I only have 13 more days left in my twenties. I’m actually looking forward to 30… older and wiser and all that…


Here are a few pictures from the weekend at Terrace Lakes. I included a picture of Ripley in the Payette (my yellow lab) so you could see her amazing trick. She knows how to hold her breath and open her eyes under water, and her tail wags the entire time. When we throw her rocks she puts her head under water for what seems like forever but is probably only several seconds. She is one in a million, that dog.

No comments: