Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day, Races & Babies

Did everyone have a nice Mother's Day? We celebrated on Saturday. In the morning Michael and I headed over to the Race for the Cure with Jennyfer, Peggy, Grandma, Mom and Dad. There were about 15,000 this year, so needless to say it was a bit chaotic and crowded but it was fun to be a part of it. Afterwards everyone headed to our house for breakfast and an early Mother's Day celebration. It was so nice to have Peggy here with us, and a gorgeous day for all three of the moms and Jennyfer and I, who consider ourselves "dog moms." I had to study all day on Sunday, so having everyone celebrate early worked out really nice for me. I guess we don't have our families over enough, because everyone seemed pretty suprised at what we have done to the house and yard lately. I'll have to post some pictures one of these days (I think I've said that I would for a few months now).
I had my final exam this morning at Boise State and am gearing up for another half marathon this weekend - The Famous Potatoes Race. It is supposed to get up into the 90's this weekend... hopefully it will wait until we're done running!
And... the best news of all... my cousin Amy had a healthy baby boy today, or possibly yesterday (the eight hour time difference between here and Norway always throws me!). Congrats to Amy, Ole, Emily, Gard and Frejya on the newest addition to their beautiful family. I wish more than you could ever know that I was there to meet the little one and really look forward to the day that I can. No word yet on the munchkin's name or size, Jan had only just heard when she talked to Grandma. Cami is home for a few months from India, and I am sure is a great help to them all. I know Aunt Jan is thrilled about her newest grandbaby. I really miss you all!

2 comments:

Isaac and Celinda said...

Good luck on your race this weekend! I'm jealous, maybe some day I'll run again (run Forrest run!). See you soon. Love Celinda

Dawn said...

I've been super sucky w/my blog. Going to try to do better!!! I posted an article about my grandfather that you might like to read.
Congrats on your races & to Amy & family!
Love ya!