Friday, March 02, 2007

Sometimes it takes a friend to pull you up the hill

MJ, Alisha and I this summer

Susan, Me, Wendy (doing her best impersonation of a couture model), Cori, and Dawn


This weekend Alisha and I are running the Les Bois 10K to see how we stack up for Robie Creek. I am pretty nervous. I ran the race course (alone) last weekend and it was brutal. It's on dirt which is good because running on streets isn't my favorite thing to do. But it is up 8th Street which is steeper than Rock Canyon Road. I was so humbled - I had to walk most of the way up, and running down hill was painful everywhere... quads, calves, knees, hips. Since I decided to sign up in the first place I am determined to do it, and thankfully Alisha decided to do it with me last minute. I think that she will be a good motivator for me to keep going. Truth be told I was not in the best of shape last weekend, anyway. I was dehydrated and tired. I am trying to keep in mind, as a good friend told me the other night, even if I come in dead last I am still doing more than the people that are able-bodied and sleeping in that morning.

No comments: