Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Aloha! Happy Spring!


In honor of our trip to Kauai on Friday I have changed my font color. Hopefully it isn't too annoying to the very few of you that actually read my blog. This weekend was absolutely fabulous and I fully expected to post pictures, but I left them at home so you will all have to wait for them.
On Friday night Michael and I had a picnic on the top of 8th Street, watched the sunset as we had a little Pinot Noir, and took in the gorgeous view of the city and it's twinkling lights. Then we headed downtown to spend sometime with Cheryl and Mark, friends of MJ's who were married the following afternoon. Saturday morning I got up at 5 am (a testament of my love for my parents as I am NOT a morning person) to take Mom and Dad to the airport for their trip to warmer climes with the Naces. I then ran my 11 miles to Aldape summit, showered, and ran over to Mom and Dad's to get their dog Tia and take her to Grandma and Granddad's. I then ran home and had about 15 minutes to get ready for the wedding. Just typing that makes me tired! Shew! I'm glad that is over with! The wedding was the perfect excuse for me to finally see the inside of the Cathedral of the Rockies. I have lived close to the church my entire life without ever setting foot through it's doors. I'm a huge fan of stained glass and this building didn't disappoint. Sunday MJ studied and I spent the day doing a much-needed spruce up in the front yard. Believe it or not I had to mow already! This weather is insane! I was hoping to get to the back yard as well, but that will have to wait until we get back.
There never seems to be enough time in the day! We went to dinner Sunday night at a Thai restaurant in honor of MJ's cousin's 18th birthday.
I posted a picture here of my trip last year to Kauai to make sure you are all jealous! I hope that everyone is well and has a much needed vacation of their own planned soon!
I'm so ready for nine days in paradise. For now I have to run... we have a meeting with our wedding photographer. Happy day dreaming!

No comments: