Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Fever

OMIGOSH it was so nice yesterday. After work I went straight to the foothills to do "my loop." It was dry enough that I didn't feel like an eco-terrorist (walking, running or riding on wet trails causes major damage and erosion) and warm enough that I only needed a light fleece shirt. Typically I run that loop, but I walked it last night and savored every minute. It was like spring cleaning for my psyche.

Mood level going in - mediocre
Mood level coming off the last hill as the sun set - higher than it has been in weeks
Lesson learned - even when everything is going right in your life it can be hard to get through an Idaho winter, no matter how gorgeous the snow makes the mountains look

A little more than a week until the first official day of Spring, and a few days after that I start Spring Break. I hope to post some pictures soon and I hope that you are all well.
Lots of love, -M

No comments: