Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life Back at Home

This morning it was 38 degrees and I was shivering by the time I pulled up on my bike at work. I guess I forgot how cold an Idaho spring can be while we were basking in our 80 degree days on Kauai. Crazy things are going on at work, and it looks like I am going to have to become more educated on the technical side of my job whether I like it or not. So far I have been able to stay mostly on the "front lines" helping the people at our locations get the data that they need, but they are changing the way our IT department is structured and a lot of the interaction that I have gotten to have with our location managers is going to be moved to our help desk. While I am not thrilled with this development, I welcome a change of scenery on the career front. Who knows, I may even grow to enjoy the new challenges presented. If not, it will give me the push I need to explore other avenues. I have been with this company since I was eighteen years old. I love the people that I work with, and have great affection for the company itself (and my three weeks of paid vacation and health benefits)- but it has grown so much so rapidly that I hardly recognize it anymore.
Last weekend I went to Geneva's bachelorette party on Friday night. I have missed Geneva an incredible amount since she moved to Australia with her fiancee. We had a much appreciated girl's night out on the town and it gave MJ a chance to catch up on his homework without me as a distraction. Saturday morning my good friend and neighbor Carey invited me for brunch. After working in our yard pulling weeds for a couple hours I couldn't resist joining her and her guests for mimosas out in the beautiful (if fickle) spring weather. That night MJ and I headed out to Anne and Molly's birthday party and had a great time catching up with a lot of friends that have left Boise to move to the mountains of McCall. Sunday we had to pay the piper for all of the travel and fun we have had lately. We spent the entire day doing little projects around the house, spring cleaning, and going back and forth from Home Depot. Even days like that are fun with MJ and his amazing sense of humor around.
Last night we ran from our house up to the hills behind Camel's Back and back again- 7 miles. We are pretty out of shape after our trip and are going to pay for it come race day... but all in all life is good... life is great, really.
We head for Sun Valley this weekend for Geneva's wedding. I hope everyone is living the good life, -M

No comments: